Followers

Saturday 3 September 2011

Fancy a cuppa?




Ooooohhh yes please, I could just go a lovely afternoon tea with pretty cupcakes, little sandwiches and a pot of real tea! lol
You are all probably thinking Ive lost my marbles, but when I made this card today thats just what it made me think of, the pretty colours and teacups are just so lovely.
I've had this magnolia stamp for ages and have never used it, and when I was flicking through the magnolia ink magazine I saw a card made with the teacups all stacked up and it gave me an idea for this card. I even hunted out my heatgun and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder which I havent used for soooo long, it was fun. Ive used some pretty shabby chic cream butterflies on it too (yes Sara I will send you more!! lol)
Its a bit different from my normal cards as there are no coloured images on it SHOCK HORROR!! but Im very happy with it.
Hope you like it?





inside the card



Entering this into the following challenges,

Tip top tuesday - shabby chic
Crafty card crew - anything goes
Scrapbook sisters - anything goes

Thanks for visiting, as always any comments are greatly appreciated.
xx

 

7 comments:

sara said...

oooh how pretty kat love those tea cups fab idea gorgeous gorgeous butterflies !!!
hugs sara x x x

Judie said...

Hi Kat,
Lovely card, love the soft colors.TFS

Judie

cheryl said...

oh wow kat hun this is simply stunning the soft colors and detail on this hun are really amazing such a beautiful card hun,hugs cherylxxx

EmbossingQueen said...

Beautiful card. I am just having lunch and now my healthy tuna sandwich doesn't seem as appealing. I want a pot of tea and cupcakes. I love the colours you have used they are so soft and pretty. The gold embossing just sets the whole thing off. Thanks for sharing.

Caroline said...

Stunning card!!! I just love everything abaout it. Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes Challenge at the Creative Card Crew.
Good luck and hope to see you in the next challenge.
Caroline x

Lisa Minckler said...

Wow...yes, yes I would like a cuppa! But only if it looks just like this.
This is gorgeous and I love your stamping technique. Very detailed and beautiful. :D
Read your about me section and it made me smile and sad all at the same time. Your pictures of all your children are adorable and it's been a pleasure spending this time on your blog. I would love to come back and see what inspiration you have for me next time.
Thanks so much for playing with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "Shabby Chic" challenge.
Good luck to you and happy stamping...
Lisa xx

Anonymous said...

1 lump please in my cuppa! thehehehee! Very pretty card, Thanks for playing along this week at Top Tip Tuesday with our 'shabby chic challenge!

Don't miss this weeks 1st Birthday bash and challenge hugs Samantha - Top Tip Tuesday :0)